This is great opportunity for an experienced LUXURY LRTW TECHNICAL MANAGER.
Our client is an established fashion icon who continues to grow the brand globally with stunning designs, in LRTW, leather goods, shoes, accessories and beauty
You will be responsible for daily management of technical team. To oversee full pre-production phase of all product categories, ensuring design, fit and quality standards are met according to business expectations and industry standards.
- Reporting to the Production Director and responsible for a technical team of 3
- Responsible for the daily running and deadlines of Garment Techs and the Gerber team across CMT and Fully Factored products.
- Act as technical reference point within the business and work closely with Design, Atelier, Product Development, Production and other Supply Chain teams.
- Manage pattern support for Atelier and Product Development Department during development season
- Set the seasonal pre-production critical path for style approval from PP to QC stage and send weekly status reports to Tech and production teams with relevant seasonal statistics.
- Organise seasonal production and PPS fits
- Work closely and monitor all manufacturers to ensure consistency of quality and fit across supplier base and throughout the product range
- Ensure fit quality and performance standards across collections by setting/ monitoring team’s style packs for each product category (comments, brand standards/ measurements/grading)
- Liaise with the Production Manager to identify style priorities to ensure timely production launch; set weekly meetings to ensure clear communication and coordination between the two departments
- Assess high risk/seasonal favourites styles that require additional inline QC or warehouse QC
- Dealing promptly with QC non-compliance to resolve issue before production bulk deliveries.
- Following manufacturer compliance and audits through company database and SEDEX platform and addressing any non-compliance issues, to ensure the manufacturers are adhering to legal and ethical requirements
- Oversee handover of the seasonal collection samples from development phase and manage collection sample requirements for pre-production, e-commerce and press inline with seasonal critical path
- Set up seasonal pre-production overhead budget and generate/manage all preproduction manufacturer, grading, model and team invoices and VPO’s
- Reconcile seasonal budget to ensure all the overheads have been accounted, compare against original budget and submit seasonal report to Director Production
- Logging and managing sales/ customer returns and dealing with repairs promptly with atelier and/or manufacturers. This is not an exhaustive list of duties and is subject to review on a yearly basis
- Set seasonal brand shop floor reviews to review seasonal fit/ product quality.
- Set seasonal comp shop reviews for comparative fit/quality brand alignment/ adjustments.
- Conduct yearly team performance reviews and seasonal manufacturer quality performance reviews and submit to Director of Industrialisation.
- Minimum of 10 years of Garment Technology experience
- Expertise in Garment Technology / Pattern cutting / Fitting/ Grading
- Excellent knowledge of garment construction methods and manufacturing operations across fully factored and CMT productions
- Experience and understanding of the product life-cycle from Design to shopfloor and ability to problem solve at any stage of the product.
- Technical knowledge of fabrics and materials behaviour/outcome against product allocations
- Strong organizational skills and problem solving to deliver product within set timeframes; ability to work through seasonal overlaps between collections
- Transparent and proactive to provide visibility to the business with thorough
documentation and specifications against each product
- Analytical with good attention to detail
- Confident and effective communication with all stake holders
- Able to motivate, develop, and set timelines with team
Additional to the Basic Salary:
- Annual performance bonus
- 33 days holiday inc. BH
- Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Pension Salary Sacrifice,
- Company discounts (50%
Please register your interest by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call direct 07815939515.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Info & Facts
More information about the role
From time to time we come up with useful job related articles on our blog.
Protected: Mastering the Art of Compensation in Luxury Fashion
Dec 5, 2023 0 Read Post
Navigating the Fashion Industry: Insights from Charmain Gyles-Ferguson at Istituto Marangoni, London.
Oct 10, 2023 0 Read Post
Embracing my 60th birthday: Defying Stereotypes and Harnessing Experience in Luxury Fashion / Lifestyle
Jul 25, 2023 0 Read Post
CRM SENIOR MANAGER – TUNDE SASVARI
Jul 4, 2023 0 Read Post