Outside The Box Recruitment is excited to be recruiting an experienced ASSISTANT / JUNIOR MERCHANDISER / ANALYST for a global premium sports fashion brand. The company has very ambitious expansion plans across the UK. This is a great opportunity to be a ‘big fish in a small pond’ and take ownership and lead on all aspects of the merchandising, logistics, analytics and operations for the UK stand alone stores and outlet stores.
Our client has a global presence and has been producing FASHION SPORTWEAR for over one hundred years, which has seen the brand gain continuous accolade as a leading provider for women’s, men’s and kids contemporary fashion and streetwear.
The brand is worn by well-known fashion forward celebrities, NBA, NFL, and Olympic players. Its designs are based upon a combination of classic aesthetic and innovative design.
Reporting to UK Retail Manager,
To assist the UK Retail Team to achieve their objectives of driving sales, KPIs, Margin targets and profitability.
- Ensuring that the stores have the right stock, in the right place, at the right time, at the right price to maximize sales and profitability.
- Ensuring that the stores have all the relevant supplies to support the sales process.
- Ensuring retail team have all relevant reports required to understand their business and drive/ exceed sales targets.
- Responsible for utilizing the reporting systems to analyze sales data for all stores.
- Making sure that effective stock management systems are in place to maintain stock integrity.
- Having strong communication and interpersonal skills to ensure that relationships in Italy are fostered in order to utilize the support and knowledge of the central team.
- To maintain and manage a retail reporting tool/ dash board and all associated reporting tools on a daily/ weekly/ monthly basis
- Analyze sales data to identify trends and future opportunities for future stock requirements. Not taking a one size fits all approach
- Working with the team in Italy to range plan to ensure consistent newness in all stores.
- Analysis of sales data to identify potential risks, such as slow sellers and proposing corrective action such as promotional activity or clearance events. Respecting the business sale dates and .com initiatives
- Ensuring that the right stock is in the right place at the right time at the right price to optimize sales. This involves planning, profiling and ordering stock, identifying “good stock” from business availability, tracking deliveries to store and managing this process, tracking sales and managing the full life cycle of all products in stores.
- Stock profiling each retail location and consistently updating as requirements change, taking on board the feedback of the Store Managers.
- Liaising with the Store Managers on their stores specific stock requirements.
- Maintaining accurate stock levels / records and achieving stock control targets.
- Communicating individual store and overall department sales and best sellers to stores and the sales team.
- Action all promotional activity through communication with stores requirements.
- Supplies: bags and stationary
Key Results Area:
- Achieve and exceed sales and margin targets, effectively managing all controllable costs within your area of control.
- Achieve individual productivity goals for themselves.
- Be responsible for the planning the coordination and implementation of in store events and activities using a promotional calendar to plan all in store activity.
- Overseeing the retail calendar.
- Be accountable for regular stock checks in order to maintain data integrity within the store. Including preparation and execution of regular stock takes. Where necessary take corrective action.
- Ensuring that stock levels are regularly reviewed and maintained to maximize sales within the stores.
- Actively manage all direct expense budgets within your area of control.
- Develop an action plan in order to increase sales and profits in your area of responsibility. Analyze the stores business reports to highlight opportunities to increase sales and profits. Addressing any problems or opportunities with urgency.
- Effective communication to the retail team on department and individual store performances on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that all reporting hits pre-agreed deadlines.
Competencies and Experience
- Demonstrate success gained in a retail allocator/ assistant merch or retail operations position within a recognized brand.
- Excellent IT excel numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills both externally and at all levels in the company, both written and verbal. Speaking Italian is preferred (not essential).
- Enjoys detail, accuracy and is analytical. Strong ability to understand and analyze sales data.
- Ability to make suggestions and plan activities based on actions after analyzing the data.
- Strong numerical and verbal reasoning.
- Strong commercial business acumen.
- Attention to detail and ability to sense check data accurately.
- Shows hunger and ambition to drive through initiatives and change, to achieve department and Company targets.
- Successfully able to handle multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrates respect and politeness and regularly exceeds customers’ expectations.
- Liaises frequently with customers (stores) to keep them well informed.
- The capacity to establish credibility and authority quickly.
- The ability to be reactive and pro active
- Shows innovation and initiative in setting targets.
- Enthusiastic, self-confident and self-motivated.
- Understanding and representation of brand attributes.
- Demonstrates an ability to lead, motivate, train and develop a team through active management of area of expertise.
- Willingness to adapt and take on new challenges and driven to continually improve.
- Always present and with a professional image.
- Acts as an inspiration to others.
- Self-motivator and leader in areas of expertise
- Prepared to go the extra mile to achieve objectives.
Additional to the basic salary: Pension, Discount 30-50%, Clothing Product Allowance, 28 Days Holiday,
Please register your interest by emailing your CV to email@example.com or call direct 020 7169 3000
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Info & Facts
More information about the role
Excellent communication skills both externally and at all levels in the company, both written and verbal. Speaking Italian is preferred (not essential).
From time to time we come up with useful job related articles on our blog.
Senior Merchandiser/Buyer – Mamequa Boafo
Oct 15, 2021 0 Read Post
When you’re recruiting, will you go High Street or Haute Couture ?
Sep 29, 2021 0 Read Post
A Day In The Life Of Series – Conversations from the industry
Jul 30, 2021 0 Read Post
OTB Founder & MD – Charmain Gyles-Ferguson
Jul 20, 2021 0 Read Post